Polypropylene filter cloth
Polypropylene filter cloth (or PP filter cloth) is extensively used in liquid-solid filtration for its excellent filter cake release and good resistance to most acids and alkalis. Thanks to its super low moisture absorption, polypropylene is a preferred selection for dye production.
Woven polypropylene cloths can be fabricated by monofilament, staple and multifilament in twill, plain and stain patterns to meet different filtration purposes. Its constant working temperature is 194 °F. For further information about weave patterns and yarn types, please click here.
Why select PP filter cloth?
- Sleekness surface for optimum cake release.
- Shorten filter cycle.
- Lightest weight among synthetic fabrics.
- Excellent gas permeability.
- Free of mildew and oxidation.
- Good resistance against acids, alkalis and reducing agents.
- Available for large to fine particle filtration.
Where polypropylene filter cloth used?
- Non-ferrous metal smelting.
- Sewage treatment.
The most widely used and most common filter cloth for industrial filtration is undoubtedly the polypropylene cloth. This material is known for its excellent resistance to corrosion.